Keeping children entertained during a long car journey is never easy!
Here are some games you can play in the car to make the hours pass a little quicker!
The Wheels On The Bus
If You're Happy And You Know It
I Am A Music Man
- I Spy.
- Make words using car registrations plates e.g. if you can see the letters HSE, the word could be 'house'.
- Alphabet Game - go through the alphabet, the first person to see something beginning with 'A', then the first person to see something beginning with 'B' etc.
- Word Strings - The first person think of a word (e.g. leg), the next person has to think of something related to the first word (e.g. arm) and so on. No repetitions allowed, the person who can't think of a related word is out. The winner starts the next word string.
- Song One-liners - Sing a line from a song, whatever word the line ends with, is the first word of the next song line. The song lines can come from any song. e.g 'My heart skips a beat' - 'Beat it' - ' Its my life'.
- Play story or song cd's
- Dad's favourite Who can stay quiet the longest!