8 Games And Songs For Long Car Journeys
Keeping children entertained during a long car journey is never easy!
Here are some games you can play in the car to make the hours pass a little quicker!
The Wheels On The Bus
If You're Happy And You Know It
I Am A Music Man
- I Spy.
- Make words using car registrations plates e.g. if you can see the letters HSE, the word could be 'house'.
- Alphabet Game - go through the alphabet, the first person to see something beginning with 'A', then the first person to see something beginning with 'B' etc.
- Word Strings - The first person think of a word (e.g. leg), the next person has to think of something related to the first word (e.g. arm) and so on. No repetitions allowed, the person who can't think of a related word is out. The winner starts the next word string.
- Song One-liners - Sing a line from a song, whatever word the line ends with, is the first word of the next song line. The song lines can come from any song. e.g 'My heart skips a beat' - 'Beat it' - ' Its my life'.
- Play story or song cd's
- Dad's favourite Who can stay quiet the longest!
Don't take our word for it...
"Amazing site just renewed my subscription for the second year. This site is well structured and has helped to assure me that the work we do at home co-ordinates and strengthens the work done at school."
"Teach My Kids is a fantastic resource. We use the work sheets to reinforce the Maths and English that our children, James 9 and Katie 8, are learning at school. They are ideal for when we have a spare 10 – 15 minutes, and also give us as parents the opportunity to see how much our kids know!
As and when the work sheets are completed, I log in and tick them as completed, so it’s clear which topics have been covered. I try to do 2 - 4 of worksheets a week and feel that they are of great benefit to both our children.
I would definitely recommend ‘Teach My Kids’, it’s fantastic value for money and if you have any questions or queries these are answered promptly."
"I have found the ‘Teach my Kids’ website to be very helpful and informative. The worksheets met my children’s individual needs at a time when I was struggling with ways in which to support them. They were very easy to follow have made a real impact on their confidence in Maths and English.
The website is clear and well thought out and easy for anyone to follow. Any queries are responded to promptly. A great website for parents!"
"Teach My Kids has all the ingredients of the National Curriculum and above all good lesson planning. Such an excellent tool for parents and children. The worksheets are attractive and easy to read and follow. Excellent lively illustrations. I am impressed by the rewards systems and learning path progress. The learning paths are well constructed and brilliant because all the children in the family can use it. Very useful advice to parents.
I would encouraged parents towards this user friendly and excellent web site."
"Teach my kids is a very valuable website! Great worksheets available that help me and my child on her sometimes confusing learning path. Fabulous helpful and friendly owners, would highly recommend!"
"I have been with Teach My Kids for a few months and can see an improvement in my daughter. The rewards have helped her stay focused."
All rights reserved © Teach My Kids 2023