Activities for Kids - Holiday Activities and Games
The school holidays are here. You don't want your children to sit and watch T.V or play computer games all day. You don't want to spend money too much money on keeping the kids entertained. The children are bored of playing with their toys. What do you do?
Teach My Kids list of activities for kids is the answer!
14 Games and Activities for Kids
Below are a list of activities for children during the school holidays. They have a Maths or English theme to them, but can also be made fun by combining creativity and problem solving.
- Design your own board game. Make your own version of snakes and ladders. Write your own rules / instructions on how to play the game.
- Make your own story book / comic.
- Design a hat, t-shirt, suitcase or garden. Then have a go at making it from cardboard or playdough. Write and / or draw diagrams showing how to make it.
- Create a travel brochure for an imaginary world.
- Make puppets - finger puppets, stick puppets. Write or tell a story using the puppets.
- Challenges: Create a treasure hunt, write clues or draw a map to show where the treasure is.
- Keep a secret daily diary.
- Make your own jigsaws by drawing a picture on cardboard and then cutting it into shapes.
- Design a playground. What would your ideal playground look like and have in it? Draw and label it. Include health and safety warning where needed.
- Design a poster / invitations persuading your friends to come round to your house to play.
- Go to your local library and take part in the Summer Reading Challenge. Enter fun Summer Reading Challenge competitions.
- Swot up on your times tables. How quickly can you fill in a blank times tables square. Time yourself and keep a record. Play times tables bingo.
- Practice your handwriting. These books are great for helping children write neatly using joined handwriting.
Create your own secret code to use with your siblings or friends. You can use numbers, letters or symbol.
Don't take our word for it...
"Amazing site just renewed my subscription for the second year. This site is well structured and has helped to assure me that the work we do at home co-ordinates and strengthens the work done at school."
"Teach My Kids is a fantastic resource. We use the work sheets to reinforce the Maths and English that our children, James 9 and Katie 8, are learning at school. They are ideal for when we have a spare 10 – 15 minutes, and also give us as parents the opportunity to see how much our kids know!
As and when the work sheets are completed, I log in and tick them as completed, so it’s clear which topics have been covered. I try to do 2 - 4 of worksheets a week and feel that they are of great benefit to both our children.
I would definitely recommend ‘Teach My Kids’, it’s fantastic value for money and if you have any questions or queries these are answered promptly."
"I have found the ‘Teach my Kids’ website to be very helpful and informative. The worksheets met my children’s individual needs at a time when I was struggling with ways in which to support them. They were very easy to follow have made a real impact on their confidence in Maths and English.
The website is clear and well thought out and easy for anyone to follow. Any queries are responded to promptly. A great website for parents!"
"Teach My Kids has all the ingredients of the National Curriculum and above all good lesson planning. Such an excellent tool for parents and children. The worksheets are attractive and easy to read and follow. Excellent lively illustrations. I am impressed by the rewards systems and learning path progress. The learning paths are well constructed and brilliant because all the children in the family can use it. Very useful advice to parents.
I would encouraged parents towards this user friendly and excellent web site."
"Teach my kids is a very valuable website! Great worksheets available that help me and my child on her sometimes confusing learning path. Fabulous helpful and friendly owners, would highly recommend!"
"I have been with Teach My Kids for a few months and can see an improvement in my daughter. The rewards have helped her stay focused."
All rights reserved © Teach My Kids 2023